So this is totally unexpected and fun! Erin from The Zen Nest has given me the Liebster Award! I am only a month into this experience and I am completely astonished that I have nearly 2,000 views. I really figured I would have about 10 maybe 20. Just myself and my family checking me out. They have been checking me out, but so have people from 32 other countries! Now to my astonishment I am being noticed by a fellow blogger!
So here is a little bit about the history of the award:
The word “Liebster” originates from the German word “liebste” which means “dearest”. The origin of this award is unknown, although several posts have suggested a German blog. The rules of this award had changed over the years although the underlying goal remains the same: to bring attention to blogs that have not been discovered yet. In 2010, the rule was to pick 3-5 blogs that have less than 3,000 readers but recently, you list 10 blogs with less than 200 subscribers. It is quite a dramatic difference, but for the better. Wouldn’t a blog of 3,000 readers be established (or discovered) by then?
The basic idea behind this award is to recognize new bloggers and help promote them! You will also benefit by because your nominee’s will link back to you, driving traffic to your blog…and frankly, a good blog is all about the traffic people!
And now for the ‘rules’…
- Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog.
- Show off your award on your blog (in a post, widget, etc. like I did).
- Answer 10 questions given to you by the nominee before you.
- Create 10 questions of your own. (Don’t worry, you can use mine if you want).
- Nominate 5-10 of your favorite blogs with fewer than 200 followers and notify them of their nomination.
- And of course, tell them about it and provide a link back to your website so that they can know more about the award!
Here are my questions from Erin…
1. What are your hobbies? Making anything and everything. I have a need to be doing something and I am happiest when my hands are busy. It is hard for me to stick to one hobby, I love to learn and try new things.
2. Movie theater or Netflix? Both. Some things are just more fun to watch on the big screen. There is also something to be said about being able to pause a movie for a bathroom or snack break. Plus if and when I cry during the movie I don’t have to worry about the people around me thinking I am nuts. My husband might think I am nuts, but that I can deal with.
3. East coast or West coast? Neither. I am a Southern Girl and that is that.
4. Trip of a lifetime, where would you go? I don’t really know where I would go, but I know what I would want it to be like. My trip of a life time would include my whole family, fresh healthy food NOT made by me, an amazing place to stay that feels like home but is also different and exciting (also not full of other people), and guide who plans all the adventures, drives us and takes care of every detail. In other words I want for my family to have an all inclusive trip where all we have to do is have fun and enjoy each other. Now that is a dream….lol.
5. Dinner and dancing out with friends or dinner party and gathering at your house? Depends of the friends. If it’s my girl friends from college, then I want to go out to dinner and dance. But if it’s my “grown up adult life” friends then I want a dinner party at my house.
6. Your dream home decor is colorful and busy or white and sparse? Neither sound all that wonderful to me. I think I fall in-between. I like a warm home with pops of color, full of my art work and collections but clear of clutter.
7. Summer or Winter? Neither. I have and will always love Fall.
8. Why do you blog? I feel like we all have so many responsibilities in this age. We have to be so much and do so much. I want to inspire and share ideas so others can be and feel awesome without always having to think up every little thing on their own.
9. Where will you be 5 years from now? I will be exploring with my children the wonders of the United States and if we are lucky, Europe. They will be 11 and 8. To me that is the magic age before I have a teen in the house and they can carry their own weight on trips. It’s the time to have fun with them so that they will still want to be with you in their teen years. There are other things I want for myself, but they pale in comparison to building a happy healthy family.
10. What is your one all-time favorite food? Food made by other people. Home cooked awesomeness made with real ingredients. Your family’s special whatever that everyone loves. That is the food I want to eat.
Now to do some searching for new nominees and to come up with some interesting questions…. Thank you again to Erin from The Zen Nest!